The scripture mastery for the week comes this Ether 3.
Read scripture in context:
This verse is read right before these verses letting us know we are getting a shortened version of the story. "And now, as I, Moroni, said I could not make a full account of these things which are written, therefore it sufficeth me to say that Jesus showed himself unto this man in the spirit, even after the manner and in the likeness of the same body even as he showed himself unto the Nephites." Ether 3:17
Scripture to Memorize:
And he ministered unto him even as he ministered unto the Nephites; and all this, that this man might know that he was God, because of the many great works which the Lord had showed unto him. And because of the knowledge of this man he could not be kept from beholding within the veil; and he saw the finger of Jesus, which, when he saw, he fell with fear; for he knew that it was the finger of the Lord; and he had faith no longer, for he knew, nothing doubting. Wherefore, having this perfect knowledge of God, he could not be kept from within the veil; therefore he saw Jesus; and he did minister unto him. Ether 3:18-20
The Meaning of Words:
- within: inside (something).
- behold: see or observe (a thing or person, especially a remarkable or impressive one)
- minister: attend to the needs of (someone).
- works: activity involving mental or physical effort done in order to achieve a purpose or result.
Questions to Discuss:
How did Jesus minister unto the Nephites? What did that look like? Why does the brother of Jared know Jesus is God after being ministered to in this manner? What did Jesus show him? What did the brother of Jared know which allowed him to behold within the veil? What did he know, nothing doubting? Why did a perfect knowledge of God give him access into the veil? Where did the brother of Jared see Jesus? Where did Jesus minister unto him? When did the brother of Jared's faith turn into knowledge?
Marking the Scripture:
- Underline in one color ministered & minister
- Underline in another color know, knowledge, & knew
- Circle these connective words in another color: and all this that this, because of , and because of, which when, and he had , wherefore, therefore
- Underline in another color the things Jesus showed the brother of Jared
Other Helpful Hints are posted at the end of - Remember and Hear God's Voice
Scrapbook Copy of Scripture:
After the children memorize the verse, they can put this colored copy in their Book of Mormon scrapbook. The picture is there to help them remember this scripture is found in the same chapter where the Lord touches the sixteen clear stones and makes them shine.
If you want to memorize it for life, you can use the chart at the end of the Memorize For Life post.
Here is a simpler version for those who only want to memorize one verse.